Melanie V. sent over this Beef and Cheese Manicotti recipe. She also came over and helped me prepare it. Thanks Mel! My family loved it! So did Jeni N. and Karen M.
Thanks to the support of Bo Sharon, owner of Lucky's Market in north Boulder, I was able to purchase all the ingredients for my dinner and support several Colorado businesses at the same time. Lucky's has recently begun carrying Lasater Grasslands Beef (LGB) in the frozen meat case. Be sure to look for LGB when shopping there. It's a super friendly neighborhood market. Everyone is so nice there! I bought Pastatively marinara sauce made in Eagle, Colorado & Cheese Importers mozzarella located in Longmont, Co. This meal can be prepared ahead of time, then placed in the oven for 55 minutes before serving. It serves approximately 6 people.
|Ingredients from Lucky's|
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound Lasater gound beef
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 14 (8-ounce package) manicotti
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces