|Tomatillos with husks|
|Ingredients for tomatillo sauce|
- 1 lb Lasater ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 Medium tomatillos, fresh & quartered (be sure to remove outer paper husk)
- 1 small onion or ¼ of large onion, peeled and cut into two pieces
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and cut into two pieces
- ¼ Jalapeno, use tip exclude seeds
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro
- 2-3 Cups stock or water
- ½ Winter squash, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup peas or green beans
- 1 Cup carrots, thickly sliced
- Salt & Pepper
In blender place broth, tomatillos, onion, garlic, cilantro, & jalapeno. Blend thoroughly.
Set aside, have handled strainer (colander) on hand ready to use.
Heat deep saute pan with lid, then add olive oil.
Place ground beef in pan and brown. Be sure to break it up small pieces.
Using handled strainer, pour blended tomatillo mixture through strainer over ground beef.
Using spatula press mixture through handled strainer.
Add chopped vegetables, salt & pepper.
Place lid on pan and bring to a simmer.
Maintain simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until root vegetables are tender.